Cabin Fever Cures
(easy-peasy bird nest tutorial)
You will need:
- 3-4 sm bunches of ‘angel vine’ ( *available at most craft stores and Gatherings)
- 18″ – 20″ of 20g rusty wire
- sm. square piece of burlap
- artificial or dried moss
- sm. twigs (* I used clippings from a spirea bush)
- plastic bird eggs (1″ – 2″)
- assorted embellishments (*I used dried orange mint) (smells heavenly!!)
- glue gun and wire cutters
STEP 1. Start coiling angel vine using wire to secure ends of vine.
STEP 2. Add each pc. of angel vine wrapping wire as needed to secure.
STEP 3. Cut a sm. square of burlap to fit center of nest. Dampen and crumple burlap in palm of hand.
STEP 4. Ring the inside of nest w/ hot glue…carefully press damp burlap into center of nest molding it into nest shape.
STEP 5. ‘Strudel’ artificial moss sparingly around nest. Glue additional sm. twigs into and around outside edges of nest.
STEP 6. Embellish nest with anything you like…bits of dried or artificial flowers, herbs, ribbons….add some eggs. Easy peasy!!